Theorem is a team of craftspeople and business experts who help our customers grow and improve their companies using technology. We strive to build amazing products and to cultivate a high degree of leadership in all of our people. We build medium and large-scale applications that solve our customers' business-critical problems.
We are looking for smart, driven & talented people who want to work in a consultative environment, help our clients build great projects and also contribute to the growth of a great company.
A Business Development Manager is responsible for seeking out new clients that Theorem can bring the value to, and developing them into strategic accounts. Your goal is to find and build relationships with new leads, that would benefit from our services, and then develop initial projects with those accounts. You will take the lead in sourcing and qualifying new leads, and you will then lead a small Theorem team to develop a valuable project plan, negotiate contracts, and staff the project to success.
- Find new leads through strategic outreach: Develop and execute outreach plans to find potential clients that will benefit from working with Theorem. This may include activities like attending industry events, hosting events, doing direct outreach, and working with your existing network.
- Consult with executives: Qualify leads and identify areas where Theorem can bring them value
- Industry knowledge and insights: Be familiar with technology, commercial and consumer trends so your clients look to you as a genuine expert
- Consultative selling: Provide leadership to clients on effective strategies to tackle their challenges
- Build authentic client relationships: Build sincere trust, beyond the insights and strategic inputs you are offering their business
- Navigate corporate organizations: Ensure that we are talking to the decision makers and influencers, and supporting our advocates to succeed
- Work with Theorem Marketing: Define and oversee the execution of outreach strategies and ensure our messaging and channels reflect our customers' needs
- Represent Theorem with integrity: Maintain industry credibility, the prospect for new business, and establish and strengthen relationships by presenting to various audiences and attendance
- Forecast revenues timely and accurately: Increase revenue and retention rates for key accounts
- Work side-by-side with Services Delivery team: Provide detailed project plans and estimates as necessary
Qualifications and Skills
- 5+ years of technology consulting sales experience with a focus on technology, digital transformation, product development
- Consistently outperform sales quotas in previous jobs, achievement-driven and highly competitive
- C-Level & VP level relationships at key customer contacts (high-end mid-market & enterprise)
- Experience using a consultative sales approach
- Innovative thinking and business oriented
- Able to qualify, execute and close business opportunity under minimum guidance & high pressure
- Team player, self-motivated and able to take ownership of the assigned task(s)
Benefits and Perks
- Full Benefits: Healthcare, dental, vision, PTO, retirement, professional development
- Competitive Package: Base salary + commission
- Progressive Environment: Work with a results-oriented team and have high autonomy at a company that is growing
- Ideal locations: Los Angels, New York, Boston, Chicago, Seattle, Portland, Atlanta, San Francisco. Open to other major US cities.
Theorem expects employees to be honest, trustworthy, and operate with integrity. Discrimination and all unlawful harassment (including sexual harassment) in employment are not tolerated. We encourage success based on our individual merits and abilities, and all decisions regarding recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, employee development decisions such as training, and all other terms and conditions of employment, will be made without regard to race, nationality, national origin, citizenship status, employment status, ethnicity, ethnic origin, color, creed, religion, belief, age, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual preference, lifestyle, social class, military status, disability, physical features, or any other protected status. We oppose all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination. Theorem is an equal opportunity employer.
No statements by Theorem are intended to create an offer of employment unless made in a writing signed by an officer of the company and no offer shall become effective unless countersigned by the prospective employee.